Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What is a Bikini Body?

Many of us women agonize over having a "bikini body" but really what is that? Is there some universal stereotype for what a bikini body should look like? I have seen several Facebook post and had several conversations with some of the most gorgeous women who are intimidated to put on a two piece.

My answer is, if you want to wear it, it comes in your size, then you my friend..Have a Bikini Body!

Now that being said, the comes in your size part. (I have stated before I DO NOT support the I am Fat and Proud movement.  It's not healthy. That is a debate for a completely different blog.) If your string to your string bikini is lost somewhere in your spare tire. IT IS NOT YOUR SIZE! I have spent the majority of my life being uncomfortable in my skin. I wouldn't even call it comfortable now, my body and I are just starting to be cozy! Yet, I have mostly always worn some type of bikini, tankini, monokini.
Even now I get all insecure to take off the cover up at the pool. I have stretch marks from my chin to my toes! I have just decided they look better with a tan so they are going to see the sunshine!

I am not a size zero, I have been really close before I started lifting but I will tell you I drastically like my reflection at 125lbs more than I did and 114 lbs and a size 1! This body made multiple humans, has battled disease, survived surgeries, and it's about time I gave it credit for all it's been through. Reward your body, stop punishing it. Just don't reward it with food, try a new swimsuit, a lawn chair and a beach!

Happy Chasing
H

No comments:

Post a Comment