Friday, May 30, 2014

Abs are not made in the Dough Boy's Kitchen!

 Welp- Guess what, I can't eat whatever I want no matter how hard I train. It really didn't take me 9 weeks to figure out. I would say it took me 9 weeks of stubborn arguing with myself to get over it! I don't have any measurements or weigh in checks for the first time EVER. I made it a point to judge solely off appearance. I did finally weigh and I Lost 3lbs from my March date. Which was shocking because I feel like I put on a 100lbs. I stuck to a 90% clean diet for 9 weeks. Teacher Appreciation Week nearly killed me. When you work in the office of a elementary school you are the main drop off for all things junk food related. I didn't give in every day but you can only turn down Olive Garden and fresh donuts so many times before they start calling your name! I also had several orthodontist visits this last month that then took my diet in the opposite direction, strictly liquid for 4 days.. YUCKO! But over all I am starting to see some abdominal shredding so I will keep at it, bread I have learned to live without, however I tried to be Paleo for a whole 6 hours and then I had to have some cheese! 

As I hit the first official pool day of the year I was being rather hard on myself because I think I could/should have done better. Whenever I tend to bully myself I find it's time to look back and give a pat on the back for where we came from. It's easy to forget what the reflection in the mirror used to look like instead of that I don't see Megan Fox in my current reflection. So if you follow me on IG (@thehaileyd) I gave a description when I posted this. 
Photo1 /Aug 2011- The day I decided I was disgusted with myself and had to make a change. I have ZERO self esteem and 100% self hate!
Photo 2- After fixing photo one and about 40 lbs later, I had to have major surgery with a 12 week downtime due to my Endometriosis aka the black plague of my life.
The last two are recent photos obviously :)

Last but very not least: Probably one of the most important progress photo's I have ever taken.
Now the Nay Sayers of the world will say it's cosmetic, I am NOT against cosmetic procedures IF it is something you can NOT change. I have HATED my smile for the majority of my life. I have been teased and made fun of for it by more people than I can count. I have had small kids point it out and a few rude little kids I would like to punt like a football. So I am changing it. How you feel if every time you laughed or smiled a part of you cringed? YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO SMILE! What's a world without smiling and laughing! So now I have been called brace face & metal mouth only 20 to 50 times, I am sure that will go up! But I am dealing, it's worth it in the end right?!? and No pain no gain..


In the words of my favorite fish.. Just Keep Swimming!

Happy Chasing
H

No comments:

Post a Comment