Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Leg workout 1

I spend hours looking for different workouts to try. So I decided to write my own. I am attaching a photo in case you are like me than if you can't screen shot it you won't remember it! I train legs twice a week. One day is always lighter weight-higher reps and one day is heavy weight-less reps. This is what I worked today. I superset in groups of two when possible, but I also know sometimes gyms are busy and it's just not possible. Also most everything in this workout can be modified for home workout or for bodyweight over added weight other than the machined legs (inner/outter & extensions/curls). I encourage you to look them up before you try them if you don't know how to do them. Bodybuilding.com has great descriptions along with video's for most. Give it a try and send me some positive feedback :)
Onto workout.
  (Pre-workout AdrenHERlyn Cuts by Black Market Labs and half an english muffin/ Intra Workout-Amino1 by MusclePharm)
Warm up 5 Minutes Cardio- Do your choice, today I chose rowing.
(incline walking, jogging, elliptical, or bike work just fine too)
 12 reps chose your weight- I go up my last set- if you are just starting don't worry about it. 

Sissy Squats
Dumbell Squats

Split Squat with alternating kick back. I don't even know how to describe this other than we got this off a Instagram video below and it is a bun burner! (courtesy @Sarah_bakian)
Good Mornings

Romanian Deadlifts- Single leg with medicine ball
Deadlifts

Walking Lunges
Barbell Front Squats- If you are able to do this as a super set, right after your 12th lunged go straight into the front squat. It is a serious burn!

Inner Thigh Machine
Outer Thigh Machine
I love these just because I feel I can really focus on isolating those specific areas.

Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
I did my cool down with 1 mile on the bike. I didn't cover calf exercises today because I was tired and on a time crunch. I usually add those to my heavy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment