Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Skinni-Zini

My family has this amaze-ball recipe called Chicken Tetrizini. It's loaded with butter, salt, smothered layers of Velveeta, noodles and chicken. Ya know everything but the kitchen sink. I tried to figure it up once and I lost track at 1,200 calories per serving. WOWZA can't go eating that very often can ya. So when I get a serious hankering for it I try and come up with my own twist! It isn't the same but my waist line and taste buds are completely fine with it.

I start with Spaghetti Squash. I <3 this Squash. A lot of people are scared to try it because it seems complicated but it really isn't. Also tonight I got caught in a time battle so I had to buy some store cheats since I didn't have to time completely go at it from scratch!

1. Cut your Squash in half and clean out the seeds.
Then you are going to season them and roast them flesh down.(450/35mins)
I used my new wave here because I didn't want to heat the house up but I do it in the oven all the time, same concept. I used pepper, evoo, and cavenders (it's a staple in our house)

2. The Sauce- If you don't have time to roast your own tomatoes buy 2 cans of them. I get low salt!
Combine tomatoes, mushrooms, 1 tsp smart balance, olives, and season with pepper & garlic. Bring to a boil over medium heat on the stove. 

3.Chicken- you can use whatever chicken you want here. I chose to get a rotisserie because I didn't have time to cook one myself. It's best if you just use white meat! Shred or pick apart a couple handfuls to add to the mix.

3.5 Squash again- After roasted set it down in a large container, face up, and grab a fork. Just rake the fork along the squash and it SHOULD peel away just like pasta strings. Throw away the outside when you think you have it all peeled out.

4. Mix it all together! Now my family recipe says you need to layer it up like lasagna using Velveeta as a barrier! Not healthy in the least bit people! So I sprinkled some mozzarella/cheddar mix over the top of mine! Life is too short to not eat cheese!

Enjoy- I am stuffed and need to go for a walk!

Happy Chasing
H

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm I love spaghetti squash too...my mother -in-law introduced me to it.I think I'll try this Awww...but Gramma's recipe is good...once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete