Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Death by Legs

Heavy Leg Day! 
Either you just shuttered in fear or rejoiced. There isn't an in-between here!
Against my better judgement I chose to do this on a Monday. See Monday evening at my gym are full of people who slacked all weekend and are ready to crawl back on the wagon. Thus I usually use it as my rest day. But I was a raging{INSERT CURSE WORD OF CHOICE HERE} so I really needed to go. 
 but standing in line.....

When I say Heavy Leg Day, this is NOT my max out day. I don't do those that often and only when my hunny is with me. I love my workout buddy to death but she is the same size and me and truth be told I don't trust she can get 420 lbs off of me if I fail!For those of you cardio junkies, my other leg day burned 713 calories. This leg day burned 737 and my heart rate stayed elevated for 23 minutes longer than my other leg day. Yesterday I did cardio and abs for a solid hour.. Only burned 416 calorie.. LIFT THEM WEIGHTS!! Start at a medium weight for the first set and then go up to about as heavy as you know you can go and still complete the reps. Be sure and keep form, just cause your lifting like the Hulk doesn't mean you can break proper form. Broken butts are not fun people!

Warm up: 10 Minutes of Cardio
Sissy Squats w/medicine ball 3 sets 10

Dumbbell Step Ups (3 sets 10 each leg)- 
Pick up the heaviest dumbbells you can and still be able to hold balance.
Dumbbell Squats (10 wide 10 narrow)- 
Don't do these fast, low & slow! Make sure and keep proper form.
Bar Squats- (10 traditional, 10 front)
Use a barbell, in the rack out of the rack, smith machine whatever you choose!
Deadlifts- (10 reps)
Straight leg, again do it solo or in a rack or smith machine however you like to do them.
Walking Lunges- (Dumbbell 16 reps)
Be sure on your heavy set to not topple over. 

I end this with Calf Exercise. I have to save them for last because once I burn them out I can't walk anymore let alone squat! I do 3 Set then some body weight stretching to make sure I can still walk to my car! Today's was 80,100,120


That was my Heavy Leg Day! If you are dying from pain I suggest you look up some exercises on rolling out with a foam roller. Guys no matter how girly you think this is.. It is heaven afterwards! 
This video is a great example! 


Happy Chasing
H

No comments:

Post a Comment