Sunday, March 23, 2014

Clean it up

I was reading a blog about pushing past your greatest obstacles. I know without a doubt that my greatest obstacles are my emotions. There are days when I let them rule me and everything in my life.  I am always my worst critic and never my greatest supporter.
   How do I push past that?
Well I don't know yet but I am going to give it everything I have to do it.

Tomorrow marks 9 weeks until our summer break. I have been killing myself in the gym every free second of time I have the past couple weeks. I have finally fallen in love with the gym. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like the workout. However, I love to let all the tension, stress, and daily yuck out! It is an instant mood improver. Aside from being a working mom, I am an oilfield mom which means for weeks at a time I am a single parent and not by choice. 
So sweating it out keeps mommy a little closer to sanity! 
It took months to get over my gym fear. I know so many of us avoid it because we are afraid;of being judged, of not knowing what to do, or flat out insecurity. I was all of the above, some I still am.
My solutions to gym fears:
  • Get through the door it's the hardest part. 
  • Ear buds, drown out the outside world and focus on you. Eventually you will find you don't need to.
  • Get a buddy, this to me has been the most beneficial thing. Someone to help you stay on task, commiserate with,celebrate with and bounce ideas off.
  • Make sure it is someone with the same goal set in mind as you. I am pretty sure my gymrat buddy keeps me going long after my head says go home! Even though she runs circles around me.
  • Ask! Don't be afraid to ask people questions. Most gym goers are happy to give input even if they look like a douche-canoe!
  • Most importantly- laugh at yourself! Example:Yesterday my set called for single arm machine preacher curls. I couldn't even lift the bar let alone add weight to it. As those creepy failure thoughts crept into my head and the voice started to whisper you suck go home, I busted out laughing! I looked like a fool. But someday I will be able to rock those bad boys!!


 I always do my best not to overwhelm myself with too much fit trauma. I know my emotions well enough to know that I will go into shut down mode. So now that I feel I have my fitness in control it is time to knock the diet into check. 
First off, I do not have a bad diet. Yet, I do not have a clean one either. 
My main issues lie in:
Carbs (the wrong kind and the wrong time)
Not enough protein
Most times not enough food
(My maintain calorie intake is 1885, I have a bad habit of getting busy and not eating enough
I always get over 1200 it's the area between there and the 1885 that is fuzzy!)

So 9 weeks of clean eating here I come. I am digging deeper into my macro intake. It's a long scary process, I am still a tad lost but I will figure it out eventually.
My greatest accomplishment will be kicking sweet tea.
 It is my worst addiction! Just had my last one and I am already missing it ha ha :)

I have my supplements all lined out.
Food prepped for a couple days
Measurements taken (No WEIGHT, NO SCALES)
However, I did stand on the scale and let the trainer see it but not me so he could redo my BMI & BF%
I will try to post an update with all that info tomorrow!

I want to know..
What is your favorite CLEAN recipe.
Email me, tag me on instagram, facebook, or comment below!

Happy Chasing..
H

No comments:

Post a Comment