Sunday, December 22, 2013

Who said the "F" word?

Let's talk about the worst word in the English language. The "F" word, and by that I mean FAT! The word every woman despises and the word that bites like a bullet to the heart when thrown at you!
If you haven't ever read my blog before let me help you out so you aren't reading back 45 post for this to make sense. I used to be a Fluffy girl, I am 5'6" on a good day and my heaviest non prego ranged in upwards of 200 lbs. My scales went up and down frequently through the past 11 years until August of 2011 when I decided I had enough of hating myself. Ta-Da that pretty much brings us to today. I by NO means consider my self fit or even toned. I am a skinny work in progress! Pics on the left are that day in August and pics on the right are me 21 weeks post 95% Hysterectomy due to Endometriosis
 Now I didn't start this post to toot my own horn. If you know me you would know there is very little tooting in my world. I like most every woman on planet earth have terrible self esteem/self image! I started writing this because it is the diet industries "HUNTING" season. Every where you go there is an ad, commercial, or some person trying to shove their idea of the quick fix down your throat. So, I wanted to share some of my miraculous in sites into this.
A. There are a million different products out there that will help you get to where you want to be. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is a quick fix pill. Their are shakes, oatmeals, cereals,drinks, frozen this and that, coffee's, teas, the list goes on and on and probably 8 out of 10 of them will work....IF YOU WORK WITH IT! In other words, be consistent. Find something that taste good,doesn't make you feel lousy and doesn't break the bank. If it is nasty and gives you the jitters you won't make it past February 1st neither will your checking account!
B. Don't let someone talk you into something because it worked for them. Every body is different for everybody! Speak to someone who knows what they are talking about if you have questions about calorie and protein intake. GOOGLE AND MY FITNESS PAL ARE NOT A VALID SOURCE OF INFORMATION!
C. Know your own level of dedication. For instance: When I started if you told me I had to go to a gym 5 to 6 days a week I never would have followed through. Some people can cold turkey the couch life and some can not. I was a total NOT. Now that being said I can totally do that now, but I have learned enough to know what I can and can not do. What works for me and what doesn't. If I want to indulge in the Holiday yummies I am going to sweat it out and the gym! I didn't have that much self control when I started. Body by Vi worked great for me, it gave me options but in a spectrum I could handle. Now if you can jump off the couch and cold turkey off junk and booze and bread well GOOD FOR YOU, You are way better than me!

Moral of the story is, don't set out to lose weight. Set out to get healthy, you will lose those pounds in the process and end up in a much happier place for it. Don't believe something is a miracle because the only thing that is going to save you is you! You don't have to stick to one companies product line! Mixing and Matching is great for me. I use 3 different kinds of Protein powder. I have used assorted metab. boosters, pre-workouts, and vitamins. (P.S. take your vitamins) If you love Herbalife tea, but prefer something else from Plexus or advocare or BBVI or shakeology or.. see this could go on forever then by all means take it! Last but certainly not least. DO NOT wait until January 1st. Be aware of what you are eating and the physical activity you have right now. Of course we are going to over-do it for Christmas dinner. Just don't pack on an extra 40 lbs between now and then! If you are serious about getting into those smaller pants than be serious right now not just next week.

Happy Holiday's Fitfam
Remember the reason for the season and to spend time with your loved ones.
Becoming a healthy-happy you will give you much more time here with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment