Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bunshop Closed-6 Weeks post Hysterectomy

Today I am officially 6 weeks post op Hysto. I had a DaVinci system hysterectomy taking my uterus, tubes, cervix, and one ovary. I was also scraped again of all my endo and two cyst off my right ovary. The Dr. left it so that hopefully I can milk it for hormones for a couple years to avoid medicated hormones. It wasn't really where I thought I would be at only 28 years old but after years of suffering and trying every other option out there for endometriosis treatment it is what I was left with. Although I already had been told I wasn't in the market to have more kids this just kind of made it final. Not helping that everyone around me has a baby or is having a baby..Insert slap in face here! 

I had my post op yesterday hoping to be cleared but no such luck. My internal stitches are still there and I have two scars that have gone Keloid which is kinda crappy! Needless to say it wasn't a great deal. I am however Cancer free so there is something to be happy about.
As far as other recovery I am 99% pain free unless I do something I shouldn't have then I pay for it. Fatigue is massively kicking my ass though! This has been my hardest struggle I can't go go go which was my one and only speed! Hormones are all over the board, my poor family! I have cried over the stupidest things lately and my feelings are massively hurt over stupid stuff! What can ya do!
 Cry that's what!! 

October 8th is my clear date and time to kick my rear back into shape...literally it's quite pancake looking at this point and NO ONE wants a pancake ass! 2 years ago when they boys went back to school is when I made the big decision to change my lifestyle. So again I am going for it, dear Lord I might even go get a gym membership ha ha scary I know! I have obvious watched what I was eating because I have a bad habit of eating the world while I am taking pain medication. I have had a few splurged, mostly in the way of alcohol! But I did have pizza hut on 2 occasions. I have slacked on my shake a day. Eating and me after surgery hasn't gone very well. I ate like a bird the first 2 weeks because everything made me sick to my stomach and the thought of throwing up terrified me! My appetite still isn't back to normal, but getting there. My eyes are still bigger than my stomach. I got a naked burrito at Qdoba yesterday and I think I will eat on it for a week!!
Stay tuned for updates, that is if I don't kill myself right out the door! I haven't measured and Bryan isn't home to do so today but I am sure I will get it at some point. I am not even going to attempt my BMI because the clicker will probably tell me my muscle mass is negative zero. For the first time in my life I am upset about being "skinny" especially as the other half of me just keeps on building muscle that I am losing! I think it's theft not all that working out he does! (My story and I am sticking to it) I am 118 lbs of flab! How great is that NOT! Currently I can walk.. up to but not exceeding 1 mile. No lifting/straining over 10 lbs and no pushing or pulling in that range either! I am trainer/gym shopping because I don't work well with my husband. God I love that man but we clash in the fitness department and I end up wanting to strangle him as my means of working out! I am also his wife so he lacks the positive reinforcement my fragile self needs! It's like saying do I look fat in these jeans..He has always had an honest response of well maybe you should change! Which I have always appreciated because I would hate to be the one people are pointing at in public for the worlds greatest muffin top! So email me/facebook me with your tips and tricks!!

This is before pic - through day 19

This is Day of Surgery to exactly 6 weeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment