Sunday, November 23, 2014

Turkey Meatballs

I love Italian food. However very few of those recipes can fit into my every day eating plans. So I ventured into meatball land tonight. I combined several Pinterest  recipes to come up with this one and my family actually ate them and went back for seconds so I am guessing they are edible!

Meatball Ingredients:
1 lbs ground turkey

1 onion
1 package frozen spinach
4 mozzarella sticks cut into 4the
1 egg
1 hand full of bread crumbs  
1tsp of all pictured below Seasonings


Preheat Oven to 400 and spray a baking pan with your choice of spray.  After defrosting your spinach, drain any excess liquid off.

Mix together all ingredients but string cheese sticks and save enough bread crumbs to sprinkle tops. This is best done with your hands. Ick I know!! Once you make your meatballs stick a piece of cheese in the middle! Tada.. bake for about 30 minutes or until 165 degrees. This made about 25 meatballs!


The Sauce:
One jar sauce heated up and I chopped up mushrooms to add in it!


I added a hand full of grated Parmesan cheese on top. My kids also had whole wheat pasta noodles but I was perfectly ok with just meatballs. Next time I would season heavier, I feel like turkey need lots of seasoning to take on the flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment