Friday, June 6, 2014

A Real Love Letter

I AM NOT one of those mushy gushy heartfelt type of girls, who paints a picture Cinderella worthy of her marriage. That isn't real! So as of June 7th,2014 I have been married to my best friend for 11 years. They have not been an easy 11 years(14 total), nothing worth it is ever easy! So what do you get the guy who will buy himself whatever he wants at the drop of a hat? A Blog Post :)

Dear You-
Tomorrow marks 11 years since we got married. Somehow it seems like more. 14 years ago you stole my heart and didn't give it back. When I look back on that day now, all that matters was that we said I DO! Gosh what a stressful day that was. Nothing was on time, nothing went according to plan and if it could go wrong I am pretty sure it did. It was by no means anyone's fairytale wedding (if you are an outsider reading this.. HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER!) There was so many other "issues" that took away from it being "our day". For heaven's sake my dad went to jail that day ha ha!

All that aside the one thing that was meant to happen did. I got to officially become your wife, and start a new chapter in lives. Sure by this point we had a 1 year old and were buying a house! Backwards isn't always the easiest way but it sure seems to be the way things work out for us.  In the last 11 years we have sank to the bottom and crawled back up only to be hit over the head and knocked back in the ditch. No matter what has happened though it has always been .. to US.. for US..because of US, there has never been a you or a me. I remember a night (12 years and 9ish months ago) when a very serious conversation took place. I said "I was going to do this" your instant reply was "WE were going to do this". It's been We ever since, not once have you let anything or anyone come between that. 
How could I not love you with all my heart?

As I write this I am sitting at home alone because you got called into work when you thought we were going to have the day together. (Readers: He's an oilfield man, our time together is precious and sometimes rare) I am biting my tongue and attempting my very best not to be a bitter brat! Most days I deal perfectly well with your job it's just the important days that make me a smidge cranky! So if I bite your head off when you call.. ignore it I will get over it! Your job, or you doing your job is one of the things I admire about you most. You never quit or give up on anything. You go above and beyond for your family every day of the week. 

So until you are home to celebrate this will have to do.
11 Things I love about you all at the same time.
1. You are goofy as hell! We rarely take like seriously and I wouldn't have it any other way!
2. You are a terrible Liar
3.Your Eye's
4.Your Loyalty
5. Your Honesty- some days it's a double edged sword.
6.I love that when you want something you sneak up behind me for a hug, I always see it coming!
7.You push me to my limits.. to be a better me. 
8. Somedays you know me better than you probably should!
9.You are a great Dad.. you spoil them rotten.
10.You are a pretty snazzy cook!
11.You accept me.. for me!

12.You still can't "tell me something"



I love you more than all the stars in the sky

H



No comments:

Post a Comment